The new design range of Contour’s Home Office/IP3x compliant anti-ligature radiator guards are now available to order with delivery lead times of only 15 days.
Contour’s market leading anti-ligature radiator guards are widely recognised as setting the standard for guards in use in secure environments including mental health facilities. The new design range uses an ‘all-in-one’ ventilation grille pattern perforated directly into the radiator case rather than a mesh welded separately onto the case interior.
New design means stronger guards
As well as improving the overall aesthetic of the radiator guard, an integrated grill design makes the whole guard stronger by reducing the number of potential weak points, such as mesh spot welds. This subsequently reduces the opportunities for tamper points and damage.
Safer as well as stronger
To minimise the risk of self harm, our new all-in-one anti-ligature grille design uses 2mm holes at 4mm centres, in a triangular formation. This design has been tested and certified by a UKAS accredited laboratory and effectively exceeds IP3x standards (BS EN 60529). This tests materials for protection against the ingress of objects greater than 2.5mm in diameter – which could include the width of a shoelace for example. View our test certificate here.
To ensure the suitability and conformance of guards for use in the most demanding of secure environments such UK prisons, police and other custodial facilities, Contour has also addressed the the grille hole pattern. The grille design uses holes 2mm in diameter with the centres at 4mm , in a triangular pitch, meeting the requirement laid out in The Home Office Police Buildings Design Guide – Custody, July 2009, section PD3.02.14.
More efficient heating performance
The replacement of an anti-ligature mesh with the all-in-one grille, has increased the surface area available for airflow by over 15%, raising effectiveness of the convection process and improving heating efficiency. The grille pattern is maximised across the surface of guards employing the new grille and is applied consistently across the whole guard, including on the under surfaces such as the base of access doors, where applicable.
Manufacturing materials and finishes
Contour anti-ligature guards are manufactured from mild steel available in various thicknesses ranging from 1.5mm to 3mm depending on the installation environment.
We can also manufacture guards in aluminium for use in wet or damp environments if required.
The following are available across all Contour anti-ligature guards:
- A tough PPC finish inside and out in RAL White 9003 white as standard. Virtually any other BS or RAL colour is available as option, subject to minimum order quantities
- The benefit of BioCote® anti-microbial protection incorporated as standard, into the paintwork of the guard. This unique, patented additive provides an effective solution to combating a wide range of dangerous bacteria, including MRSA and E.coli. Learn more about BioCote
- Where appropriate, a patented front of guard access panel that can be dropped fully to the floor or even removed, to allow full access to panel radiators or fin heat emitters for cleaning and maintenance
- A secure base plate as standard
- Internal fixings as standard
- External TRVs with anti-ligature shrouds supplied as standard, with internal valves kits available as options
- A wide range of security fittings and fasteners designed to stop unauthorised access
Call us on +44 (0)1952 290498 for more information on the new MoJ/IP3x compliant guards or email email@example.com.